Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Looking for NAS Update

Hi

I currently have a TVS-h1288X with 8 10TB HDDs installed. We run to YouTube channels and shoot with multiple cameras at 4K and have up to 6 editors working simultaneously on Premier Pro. Over the past few months we have noticed a significant challenge with performance with lots of lag and error retrieving frame errors. The consensus from Reddit and other forums seems to be that this is too much for this NAS and we should consider upgrading. I'm not opposed to that and could use this one as a backup, but I wanted your advice on a solution. My assumption is we are looking at a Rack Mounted NAS now, I want something that is high-performance and will be able to handle 6+ editors working simultaneously

Thanks in advance for your help
Luke
Considering your current setup and performance issues, it's clear that upgrading to a high-performance rack-mounted NAS is a logical step. The QNAP TVS-h1288X is a solid model, but for handling multiple 4K video streams and simultaneous editing by six editors, you need a more robust solution. I recommend a rack-mounted NAS with at least 12-24 bays and a Xeon processor to future-proof your setup. You should consider models like the QNAP enterprise 77, 86, or 87 series, which offer powerful processors and scalability. To enhance performance further, think about adding NVMe SSDs for caching or even primary storage, and upgrading to a 25GbE switch to maximize your network bandwidth. This setup will not only solve your current issues but also support future growth. For more details, check out the QNAP enterprise rackmount options at https://www.qnap.com/en-uk/product/?cond...erprise-87.
Considering your current setup and performance issues, it's clear that upgrading to a high-performance rack-mounted NAS is a logical step. The QNAP TVS-h1288X is a solid model, but for handling multiple 4K video streams and simultaneous editing by six editors, you need a more robust solution. I recommend a rack-mounted NAS with at least 12-24 bays and a Xeon processor to future-proof your setup. You should consider models like the QNAP enterprise 77, 86, or 87 series, which offer powerful processors and scalability. To enhance performance further, think about adding NVMe SSDs for caching or even primary storage, and upgrading to a 25GbE switch to maximize your network bandwidth. This setup will not only solve your current issues but also support future growth. For more details, check out the QNAP enterprise rackmount options at https://www.qnap.com/en-uk/product/?cond...erprise-87.