Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

TOS 5 or xpenology

Hi,
I have recently purchased the F5-221 to replace my no longer functional (resulted from a thunderstorm outages) HP n40L microserver.
I am have yet setting the terramaster up as i still waiting for the 8gb ram stick to arrive so i can upgrade the system from 2 to 10gb ram.
I am in the process to deciding which system to have the terramaster running on. I have read a few reviews about the new TOS 5 and terramaster user have successful running and happy with the running xpenology/dsm on their unit so am need some advice from you which is better to have my unit run on. I am after OS that once setup minimal maintenance is required and also easy to update.
Purpose of unit:
1. central backup point to backup photos from all e-devices from all family members, need ease of use as my 70 yo parents can backup from their phones as well.
2. central storage for video/movies so they can be played local as well as remotely
3. backup image of 2 laptops
Additional question: I have the Seagate barracuda 3TB x 3 in the N40L and it was formatted in use as mirror storage can i re-use them in the terramaster?

Sorry for asking so many questions in one go, I would appreciate your time and guidance with setting my Nas.

Cheers
Dat

Messages In This Thread
TOS 5 or xpenology - by Enquiries - 08-13-2022, 01:30 AM
RE: TOS 5 or xpenology - by ed - 08-15-2022, 12:25 PM
RE: TOS 5 or xpenology - by Dataonly - 08-16-2022, 01:09 PM
RE: TOS 5 or xpenology - by ed - 08-19-2022, 12:31 PM