Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Terramaster NAS F5-221 NAS 5-Bay?

So I currently am running a Seagate Blackamor 4-Bay 16 TB NAS on my home network. I have this set up in a Raid-0 configuration. As a result, as you know I have no backup capability. So I am looking at purchasing the TerraMaster F4-210 because of its affordability and expandability. What I am wondering is can I start off with just one HDD in it? I'd like to start with just one 16TB drive, for now, to give me a backup for what I currently have. And then in the future expand this to 64 TB w. 4 x 16TB drives. My thought is to make what I currently have into 2 - 4TB = 8 TB using the other two drives as mirrors of the main two and the same with this new TerraMaster. I would like to expand it at the same time into a 32 TB system with two drives x 16TB and then two more drives as mirrors of those main two. I need to research the RAID configurations more as I am not that familiar with them but I am pretty confident that this is possible. But doing this in stages of affordability is where I am at, and is why I am wondering if I can get away with one drive in it for now?

Messages In This Thread
Terramaster NAS F5-221 NAS 5-Bay? - by Enquiries - 02-28-2020, 03:37 PM
Terramaster NAS F5-221 NAS 5-Bay? - by admin - 03-19-2021, 10:44 AM