Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Need Help Selecting Synology Rackmount NAS - Q1 2021?

I will be looking for a new Synology rack mount NAS in the first quarter of 2021. I have a a DS3615xs offering ~87TB available storage (10 x 12TB drives RAID 6). About 50TB is in use. That machine runs a Plex server offering movies, TV, music and audiobooks. It also runs Cloud Sync to copy data to Google Drive, Hyper Backup to backup to a DS1010+ every six hours via Rsync, Cloud Station, and Synology Chat. The DS3615xs has a number of CIFS shares on it as well as an NFS datastore for vSphere. It's connected via 10G Ethernet.

I want to replace that unit with something higher-performing, newer, and rack mountable, since all my servers and most other devices are now in a rack. The DS3615xs would sit on top of the rack and serve as a backup target or node in a two-node Synology cluster, if possible.

I am looking for 10G connectivity, M.2 NVMe caching and good performance with NFS and iSCSI as shared storage for a vSphere cluster.

Can you assist with a recommendation? Thank you.

Messages In This Thread
Need Help Selecting Synology Rackmount NAS - Q1 2021? - by Jnew1213 - 12-08-2020, 06:40 PM