Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

TVS-H673-i3

Thanks for reaching out! It sounds like you're considering a great upgrade for your Plex server needs. Both the TVS-h674-i3 and TS-664 are solid choices, but there are a few key differences to consider.

Performance Comparison:
Processor:

The TVS-h674-i3 features an Intel Core i3 processor, which is generally more powerful than the quad-core processor found in the TS-664. This means better performance for transcoding 4K content, especially if multiple users are streaming simultaneously.
Drive Bays:

The TVS-h674-i3 offers 6 drive bays, which provides greater flexibility for storage expansion compared to the TS-664, which has 4 bays. This can be beneficial if you plan to grow your media library or want to implement a RAID setup for redundancy.
Transcoding Capabilities:

With the i3 processor in the TVS model, you should expect smoother transcoding performance for 4K streams, particularly when multiple family members are accessing the server remotely.
Price Consideration:
The price difference between the TVS-h674-i3 and the TS-664 may be justified by the additional performance and features the TVS model offers. If your usage is likely to involve multiple concurrent streams, the i3's capabilities could significantly enhance your experience.
Recommendation:
If you foresee an increase in usage, especially with your kids streaming remotely, I would lean towards the TVS-h674-i3 for its superior processing power and expandability. It would offer a more future-proof solution for your Plex setup, especially for 4K content.

Additional Note:
If you have concerns about the i3's performance in handling five simultaneous streams, it's worth considering that while the i3 is a step up, it might not handle heavy transcoding demands as well as the more powerful models like the i7 options. If your streaming needs grow or require more intensive transcoding, you might consider looking at the higher-end models.

Messages In This Thread
TVS-H673-i3 - by ENQUIRIES - Yesterday, 05:35 AM
RE: TVS-H673-i3 - by ed - 6 hours ago