Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Choosing wisely, love the videos!

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your detailed plan for selecting a NAS solution. I'm impressed by your thorough approach to meeting your storage and data management needs. Here's my take on your considerations:

Your utilization of the NAS for various purposes, from TimeMachine backups to running Home Assistant and Pi Hole, showcases a diverse range of requirements that need careful consideration. Your plan to invest in a large and extendable NAS with 20TB HDDs, along with choosing reliable drives like IronWolf Pro, Red Pro, or N300 Pro, indicates a commitment to durability and longevity.

I understand your dilemma regarding Plex compatibility with the DS1522+ and the RAM limitations of the DS423+. However, your decision to prioritize future-proofing with the DS1522+ and utilizing another device for Plex storage appears to be a practical solution given your needs. It's worth noting that the DS1522+ still supports Plex and can handle video conversions up to 1080p, along with streaming 4K original file formats, despite lacking dedicated graphics.

Messages In This Thread
Choosing wisely, love the videos! - by ENQUIRIES - 03-01-2024, 09:30 PM
RE: Choosing wisely, love the videos! - by ed - 03-06-2024, 07:46 AM