Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Advice on Choosing the Correct Synology Device

Hi, love your YouTube channel. I am looking to move from my Drobo that's attached to a 2008 MacMini, over to a Synology NAS. I am torn between the DS423+ and the DS923+, and would like to eventually be running SHR-2 but am also open to others. I generally use Macs for all my work. Google Workspace as well. I am looking to use it for file and photo (not professional) storage as well as possibly moving our home CCTV over to it, which is currently 3 Eufy cameras, but will be adding a few more. The camera feeds are shared with my mother so she can keep an eye on my grandfather in the home when I am not here with him. I have a Plex server that ran on my MacMini, but haven't added anything to the library since ripping DVDs years ago. It's mostly used for streaming rare MP3s I have. My question is mostly with the Surveillance Station. Does it run better on the Intel or AMD chips? Being able to keep a close eye on my 96 year old grandfather is important. I may also run a VM at some point.

Messages In This Thread
Advice on Choosing the Correct Synology Device - by ENQUIRIES - 04-13-2023, 05:30 PM