Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Is Synology still the best?

I’m planning on getting my first NAS and after some research was set on the DS423+, but now I’m seeing videos about Synology removing apps from their OS and YouTube comments about a subscription model. My NAS will only be used for Plex and iPhone photo backup. What’s my best turnkey option these days?
It's great to hear you're diving into the NAS world! The DS423+ is a solid choice, especially for Plex and iPhone photo backup. While there have been discussions about Synology removing some apps and potential subscription models, many users still find their ecosystem user-friendly and reliable.

If you're looking for a turnkey option under $600, the DS423+ remains a strong contender. However, consider checking out QNAP and Asustor models as well—they offer good features and competitive pricing that might suit your needs.

Ultimately, it depends on what you're most comfortable with. If you prefer a more straightforward setup, Synology is still a fantastic option, but don’t hesitate to explore other brands for your specific use case.