Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Plex Media NAS

Evening gents,

I’m looking to buy my first NAS system to run Plex Media, family photos and home security cameras.

Living in Australia we never really get access to the latest tec but after watching your YouTube channel and seeing what is available online I have stumbled upon the new Terramaster T9-500 pro which is only available on Amazon AU.

I was wondering your thoughts on there new system?
Terramaster T9-500 Pro, this model features an Intel Core i7-1255U, which is powerful enough to serve as an excellent Plex media server. It should handle multiple streams and even some transcoding with ease.

However, it’s worth noting that some users have expressed dissatisfaction with the Terramaster software. If you’re looking for a more customizable experience, many people opt to install Unraid or TrueNAS instead. This can give you more flexibility and control over your setup, but it ultimately depends on your comfort level with those systems.

In conclusion, the Terramaster T9-500 Pro is a solid choice for your media needs, especially given your budget. Just weigh the software options and decide what’s best for your use case.